The Leap Top-up app is only available on NFC-enabled Android phones and iPhone 7 and above
Users of some devices may experience issues / inconsistent behaviour while using the app on their NFC device. This is a device issue rather than an app issue and may be caused by a number of factors including: the device being rooted, firmware updates, android updates, or incompatible/un-supported batteries being used with the device.
You might want to try the following to help diagnose and resolve the problem:
- Ensure that your TFI Leap Card is not damaged or cracked.
- Ensure the back cover of the device is attached correctly.
- Ensure that a cover or protective case is not obstructing the device from reading the card.
- Turn NFC off. Wait a few moments and then turn it back on again before presenting a TFI Leap Card.
- Turn off the device, remove the battery & check that it’s fitted correctly. Turn the device back on & present a TFI Leap Card again
- Try presenting another NFC-enabled card to the device (such as a contactless bank card) – does the device recognise that a card has been presented?
- Try uninstalling & re-installing the app.