Where to buy a TFI Leap Card
Order online or use the map below to find your nearest agent
Student Leap Card applications can only be verified by Student Leap Agents. These can be found by searching the map also
Student Cards will need to be validated at a Student Leap Card agent below at the time of collection:
|Trinity Students’ Union
TCD Front Office, House 6, Trinity College
Telephone: 01 646 84 31
The Campus Bookshop, Belfield, Dublin 4
Telephone: 01 269 13 84
59 Upper O’Connell St, Dublin 1, D01RX04
Telephone: 01 873 42 22 (Customer Service)
|DCU Student’s Union
The U Building, Dublin City University, Glasnevin, Dublin 9
Telephone: 01 700 53 92
|DCU St. Patrick’s Campus
DCU St Patrick’s College, Drumcondra Road Upper, Drumcondra, Dublin 9
Telephone: 01 700 9117
|TUD Student Services Desk,
East Quad, Grangorman Campus
|Maynooth Students’ Union,
North Campus, Maynooth University, Maynooth, Co Kildare
Telephone: 01 708 36 69
|NUI Galway Students’ Union
Áras na MacLéinn, NUI Galway, Galway
|UL Student Life
University of Limerick, Castletroy, Limerick.
|MTU Cork Campus – Students’ Union
Munster Technological University Cork Campus, Bishopstown, Cork
|UCC Student’s Union
UCC Student’s Union, 54 College Road, Cork City
Telephone: 021 4903218
Commerce House, 2 New Dock St., Galway, H91 H998
|Waterford Institute of Technology
WITSU Social, College Hall, Waterford IT, Cork Road, Waterford, Co. Waterford
|Athlone IT (TUS) Students’ Union
SU Hub, John McCormack Building, Athlone IT, Dublin Road, Athlone, Co. Westmeath
|Griffith College Students Union
Griffith College SU, Griffith College Dublin, South Circular Road, Dublin 8
Telephone: 01 415 0463
|Institute of Technology,
Dublin Rd, Marshes Upper, Dundalk, Co. Louth, A91 K584
Telephone: +353 42 937 0200
|In Sync Youth Information Service
Phone, Text or Whatsapp: 087 1954541
Canal Stores, Basin Street, Naas, W91 F668
Purchase options for different card types
You can also purchase an Adult or Child (age 5 – 15) Leap card at Ticket Vending Machines located at Irish Rail stations within Dublin’s Short Hop Zone or at one of the hundreds of agents nationwide. Use the map above to find your nearest one.
As the Child (age 16 – 18), Young Adult (age 19 -23) and Student (age 24+) Leap card must be personalised with your photo these cards must be ordered online.
Student Leap Card applications must be verified by Student Leap Agents. These can be found by searching the map.
How do I top-up my TFI Leap Card?
- The most popular way to top-up your card is to download our Leap Top-Up app for free and use it to add credit, check your balance and collect tickets
- At TFI Leap Card Payzone outlet
- At Luas, DART and commuter rail ticket machines
- On-board selected bus operators
- Use Auto Top-Up for regular top-ups to be debited from your bank account
- Online at leapcard.ie, but please note if you top-up online, you still have to collect your travel credit or ticket at either a TFI Leap Card outlet or another nominated load location
What is a load location?
A load location is the point you nominate to collect your online top-up. You can choose:
- Any TFI Leap Card Payzone outlet
- Luas/DART/commuter rail validators and gates in the Short Hop Zone
- On board selected bus operators including Wexford Bus, Matthews Coaches and Swords Express
- Or Leap Top-Up app
If you are collecting your top-up at a Payzone Leap Card outlet, present your card to the reader at the counter and ask for a balance check. Your online top-up will load and your new balance will update automatically. Remember, it can take up to 48 hours for your travel credit to be ready for collection at your nominated load location.
Want to know more?
- Get the Leap Top-Up app for Android and iPhone
- Read tips on how to use your TFI Leap Card
- Check out the FAQs
- Contact us here
- Get apps for topping up, planning your next trip or finding out when the next bus is due
- See our full fares section
Remember, it can take up to 48 hours for your Travel Credit to be ready for collection at your nominated load location.