Where to buy a TFI Leap Card
You have a number of choices, including online right here, right now.
You can buy a TFI Leap Card online here or go to one of 1,000 TFI Leap agents around the country. You can also get them at some DART stations in Dublin but whatever you do, only ever buy your TFI Leap Card from authorised vendors. Here are your options:
Which cards, where?
The quickest way to buy an adult or child 5 – 15 card is at one of over 1,000 TFI Leap agents around the country. Use the map below to find your nearest one. OR you can buy online or at some DART ticket machines in Dublin
The child card 16 – 18 and young adult 19 -23 year old needs to be personalised with your photo and you can do that online.
A student Leap card also needs to be personalised and purchased online.
Student Cards will need to be validated at a Student Leap Card agent below at the time of collection:
|Trinity Students’ Union
TCD Front Office, House 6, Trinity College
59 Upper O’Connell St, Dublin 1, D01RX04
|DCU Student’s Union
The U Building, Dublin City University, Glasnevin,
Telephone: 01 700 53 92
|DCU St. Patrick’s Campus
DCU St Patrick’s College, Drumcondra Road Upper, Drumcondra, Dublin 9
Telephone: 01 700 9117
|TUD Student Services Desk,
East Quad, Grangorman Campus
|Maynooth Students’ Union,
North Campus, Maynooth University, Maynooth, Co Kildare
|NUI Galway Students’ Union
Áras na MacLéinn, NUI Galway, Galway
|UL Student Life
University of Limerick, Castletroy, Limerick.
|MTU Cork Campus – Students’ Union
Munster Technological University Cork Campus, Bishopstown, Cork
|UCC Student’s Union
Address: UCC Student’s Union, 54 College Road, Cork City
Telephone: 021 4903218
Commerce House, 2 New Dock St., Galway, H91 H998
|Waterford Institute of Technology
WITSU Social, College Hall, Waterford IT, Cork Road, Waterford, Co. Waterford
|Athlone IT (TUS) Students’ Union
Address: SU Hub, John McCormack Building, Athlone IT, Dublin Road, Athlone, Co. Westmeath
|Griffith College Students Union
Griffith College SU, Griffith College Dublin, South Circular Road, Dublin 8
Telephone: 01 415 0463
|Institute of Technology,
Dublin Rd, Marshes Upper, Dundalk, Co. Louth, A91 K584
|In Sync Youth Information Service
Phone, Text or Whatsapp: 087 1954541
Naas Town Centre
(over Boots Chemist)
How do I top-up my TFI Leap Card?
- The most popular way to top-up your card is to download our Leap Top-Up app for free and use it to add credit when you like, check your balance and collect tickets
- At TFI Leap Card Payzone outlets
- At Luas, DART and commuter rail ticket machines
- On board selected bus operators
- Use Auto Top-Up for regular top-ups to be debited from your bank account
- Online at leapcard.ie, but please note if you top-up online, you still have to collect your travel credit or ticket at either a TFI Leap Card outlet or another nominated load location
What is a load location?
A load location is the point you nominate to collect your online top-up. You can choose:
- Any TFI Leap Card Payzone outlet
- Luas/DART/commuter rail validators and gates in the Short Hop Zone
- On board selected bus operators including Wexford Bus, Matthews Coaches and Swords Express
- Our Leap Top-Up app
You can collect your online top-up at any TFI Leap collection device (including your Leap Top-Up app which is a collection device), no matter what load location you selected at the time of purchase. You can see where the collection device locations are here.
If you are collecting your top-up at a Payzone Leap Card outlet, present your card to the reader at the counter and ask for a balance check. Your online top-up will load and your new balance will update automatically. Remember, it can take up to 48 hours for your travel credit to be ready for collection at your nominated load location.
Want to know more?
- Get the Leap Top-Up app for Android and iPhone
- Read tips on how to use your TFI Leap Card
- Check out the FAQs
- Contact us here
- Get apps for topping up, planning your next trip or finding out when the next bus is due
- See our full fares section
Remember, it can take up to 48 hours for your Travel Credit to be ready for collection at your nominated load location.