Where to buy a TFI Leap Card
With over 2,000 agents nationwide, it’s never been easier to purchase a TFI Leap Card. TFI Leap Cards are now available in many PostPoint outlets as well as all post offices nationwide.
Order online or use the map below to find your nearest agent
Please note: If you have applied online for a Student Card, you will need to collect it at a Student Leap Card agent.
Purchase options for different card types
You can purchase an Adult or Child (age 5 – 15) Leap card at any Leap Card agent nationwide as well as at some Ticket Vending Machines located at Irish Rail stations within Dublin’s Short Hop Zone or online here.
As the Child (age 16 – 18), Young Adult (age 19 – 25) and Student (age 26+) Leap card must be personalised with your photo these cards must be ordered online.
Where to buy a Student Leap Card
How do I top-up my TFI Leap Card?
There are many ways to top up your card:
- The most popular way is to download our Leap Top-Up app for free and use it to add credit, check your balance and collect tickets
- At TFI Leap Card outlet
- At Luas, DART and commuter rail ticket machines
- On-board selected bus operators
- Use Auto Top-Up for regular top-ups to be debited from your bank account
- Online at leapcard.ie, but please note if you top-up online, you still have to collect your travel credit or ticket at either a TFI Leap Card outlet or another nominated load location
What is a load location?
A load location is the point you nominate to collect your online top-up. You can choose:
- Any TFI Leap Card Payzone outlet
- Luas/DART/commuter rail validators and gates in the Short Hop Zone
- On board selected bus operators including Wexford Bus, Matthews Coaches and Swords Express
- Or Leap Top-Up app
If you are collecting your top-up at a Leap Card outlet, present your card to the reader at the counter and ask for a balance check. Your online top-up will load and your new balance will update automatically. Remember, it can take up to 48 hours for your travel credit to be ready for collection at your nominated load location.