The Student Leap Card is the national student travel card.
Card holders can get student discounts on fares for Go-Ahead Ireland, Dublin Bus, Luas, Bus Éireann, DART and Irish Rail (Iarnród Éireann) as well as other participating private transport operators in the Republic of Ireland.
You can follow the link here to commence your application.
Or, if you’ve already applied for your card, you can check on the order status, here
What are the eligibility criteria?
All 16-18 year olds and 24 year olds and over in full-time third level education, including further education and training, are entitled to apply for the Student Leap Card (SLC).
- Students must have a minimum of 16 hours of lectures/class time per week, and be enrolled in the course for a minimum of 6 months.
- Full time foreign students who meet the above criteria are also entitled to apply for the SLC whilst in Ireland.
- Students enrolled as trainee Accountants (ACCA, Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland), trainee Solicitors registered with the Law Society, full time SOLAS trainees/students and full time PLC students are also considered eligible.
- Students of on-line courses are not eligible to apply for the SLC, unless they meet the criteria set out here.
- Students may be required to produce further evidence of eligibility (i.e. letter from college/institution), upon request by SLC or an agent of SLC.