Child Leap Card
Types of Child Leap Card
Child Leap Card 5-15 can be used to pay for travel by anyone who is 5 to 15 years old, up to their 16th birthday. Click the “buy” button above to get yours or pick one up at a Leap Card agent.
Child Leap Card 16-18 can be used to pay for travel by anyone who is 16 to 18 years old, up to their 19th birthday. The user’s name and photograph is printed on it. These cards can only be purchased online by clicking the “buy” button above. Once an order is submitted, you will receive a reference number via email. Please bring this reference number along with your ID (Passport/ Driving Licence/Garda Age Card) to a validation centre so we can validate your age. Then, we’ll send your card by post, usually within 5 working days.
Child Leap Card users benefit from a range of discounted child fares. Find out how much you can save!
List of Validation Centres for Child Leap Card 16 -18
Please note that due to Covid-19 restrictions some centres will remain closed until further notice or may be operating reduced opening times.
- Dublin Bus – Customer Service, 59 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin 1, Ph.01 8734222. Check here for up-to-date opening hours
- Iarnród Eireann – Taxsaver/ Smartcard Office, Connolly Station (corner of Amiens Street and Sheriff Street) Amiens St., Dublin 1, Ph. 1850211777 – CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
- Luas – Customer Care, Luas Depot, Red Cow, Clondalkin, Dublin 22, Ph. 1850 300 604 or 01 4614911. Check here for up-to-date opening hours
- Bus Eireann, Ph. 1850 836 611. BEFORE ATTENDING ANY OF THESE LOCATION, PLEASE CHECK HERE FOR UP-TO-DATE OPENING HOURS.
- Travel Centre, Colbert Station, Limerick
- Bus Station, The Quay, Waterford
- Ceannt Station, Eyre Square, Galway
- Bus Station, Parnell Place, Cork
- Wexford Bus – Rosslare Road, Drinagh, Co. Wexford, Y35 W96F
- National Transport Authority – Dún Scéine, Harcourt Lane, Dublin 2 – CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
- Transport Infrastructure Ireland – Parkgate Business Centre, Parkgate Street, Dublin 8 – CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
If you have difficulty attending a validation center or your closest center is closed due to Covid-19 restrictions, please get in touch with Customer Care on 0818 824 824 where they can advise you on how to get your application validated.